Breakpoints crash Delphi 2 in win 98??

Hi,

I am using D2 in Win 98 and it crashes sometimes when breakpoints are set.

The problem usually starts when i'm debugging and my program crashes over and
over.
Then it gets to the point where Delphi will crash when I even set a breakpoint
and when it reaches the breakpoint, it just hangs.

The only way to get rid of the problem ONCE it appeares is to reinstall Win
98.
Any suggestion/comments would be of great help.
thx in advance.

Re:Breakpoints crash Delphi 2 in win 98??

Hi,

hope this may help. We had/have a similar prob, not matter if running D2 or D3 in
Win95/Win98. If you set a breakpoint and you reach it, then Delphi refreshs the
watched expressions. If one of the watched expressions refer to a component (e.g.
a form) that's not created when hitting the breakpoint, then Delphi almost always
crashes. When you delete these expressions at design time then everything will be
okay the next time you hit the breakpoint

So long
Tho

d_k...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi,

> I am using D2 in Win 98 and it crashes sometimes when breakpoints are set.

> The problem usually starts when i'm debugging and my program crashes over and
> over.
> Then it gets to the point where Delphi will crash when I even set a breakpoint
> and when it reaches the breakpoint, it just hangs.

> The only way to get rid of the problem ONCE it appeares is to reinstall Win
> 98.
> Any suggestion/comments would be of great help.
> thx in advance.

> http://www.dejanews.com/   Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading

Other Threads