Win 95 TSR type application

Hi.

Can anyone tell me how to create an application which runs in the little
box on the right hand side of the start bar, where the volume control,
time and interbase server are? I.e. an application that doesn't create a
proper taskbar entry. I'm using Delphi V2.

Any help would be appreciated.

Paddy

Re:Win 95 TSR type application

Paddy O'Neill <paddy.one...@dial.pipex.com> wrote:
>Hi.

>Can anyone tell me how to create an application which runs in the little
>box on the right hand side of the start bar, where the volume control,
>time and interbase server are? I.e. an application that doesn't create a
>proper taskbar entry. I'm using Delphi V2.

Paddy,

There's a sweet, free, TrayIcon component distributed by Pete Ness
that will do that job.  Look at:

 http:\\ourworld.compuserve.com\homepages\peteness

dpg

Re:Win 95 TSR type application

dortmund, stardate 9331.31,

 PON> Can anyone tell me how to create an application which runs in the little
 PON> box on the right hand side of the start bar, where the volume control,
 PON> time and interbase server are? I.e. an application that doesn't create a
 PON> proper taskbar entry. I'm using Delphi V2.

you can set the undocuented Application property ShowMainform to false
before calling Application.Init in your .dpr file, so your mainform dows
not show up. also, you will need to hide the Application form that causes
the Task bar button to apear (which you do by calling

  ShowWindow(Application.Handle, SW_HIDE)

from the Win32 API). finally you have to place the icon in the System Tray
(which is waht that little area in the taskbar is calles). there are
several components that do the job, and you can also do it by hand using
the Shell_Notification function (defined in ShellAPI.pas).

if you need further assistance feel fre to contact me...

cu
marc

-+- Let Joy and Innocence Prevail
## CrossPoint v3.11 ##