Reprlacement editor for IDE editor

Hi everyone,

Does anybody of a good editor which could replace the standard IDE editor
of Delphi ?

It would certainly need to have some kind of automation. (E.g. typing begin
immediately creates end;, and so on). But even more importantly the ability
to check whether parenthesis are closed correctly or begin..end sequences
match.

Thanks

Re:Reprlacement editor for IDE editor

You should try Multi-Edit from American {*word*104}netics
(http://www.am{*word*104}.com).  It has excellent Delphi integration with both
version 1 and version 2...

JFP

Michel Van der Poorten <mich...@station.be> wrote in article
<01bb9a78$e5aa0ae0$6c000...@pc8.station.be>...

In <01bb9a78$e5aa0ae0$6c000...@pc8.station.be> "Michel Van der Poorten" <mich...@station.be> writes:

>Does anybody of a good editor which could replace the standard IDE editor
>of Delphi ?
>It would certainly need to have some kind of automation. (E.g. typing begin
>immediately creates end;, and so on). But even more importantly the ability
>to check whether parenthesis are closed correctly or begin..end sequences
>match.

The Codewright editor comes with an integration package for
Delphi.  Codewright is a general-purpose programmer's editor
which offers syntax coloring, template expansion (like the
automation you describe), autoindenting, and a very excellent
search/replace capability that supports regular expressions
and that can work on many files at once.

It also has features like a tight interface to many version
control systems, a built-in file differencing mechanism, an
editable hex mode, code folding, and a built-in grep.

A fence-matching extension is available for free downloading,
which will help you match begin-end pairs.  Parenthesis matching
is built in.

--
Premia Corporation
Makers of Codewright, the leading programmer's editor for Windows

On 4 Sep 1996 15:49:40 GMT, "Michel Van der Poorten" <mich...@station.be> wrote:

>Hi everyone,

>Does anybody of a good editor which could replace the standard IDE editor
>of Delphi ?

>It would certainly need to have some kind of automation. (E.g. typing begin
>immediately creates end;, and so on). But even more importantly the ability
>to check whether parenthesis are closed correctly or begin..end sequences
>match.

>Thanks

One of the best code editors for any code that integrates nicely with Delphi is
American {*word*104}netics' Multi-Edit. You can download an evaluation version from
their Web site: http://www.am{*word*104}.com/

The editor integrates will with Delphi and allows you to use either it or the
IDE editor switching at any time. I have used it mostly for C cnd C++ but it
does work great with Delphi. I am only a satisfied user with no other connection
to them.

You are welcome.

See my page at:
http://www.dimensional.com/~richmacd/bcbest.html for "Boulder County's Best"
(not to be confused with "The Best of Boulder")

Other Threads