(Indy) Read messages from a newsgroup and repost it to another newsgroup

I want to use Indy to read messages from a newsgroup and repost it to
another newsgroup, remaining the original tree structure (that is, the
reply-to-message will remain replying to the original message that it is
replied to). What components should I use? Which properties/events/methods
should I concern (for reading news message/posting news message/replying
news message)? Thanks.

Re:(Indy) Read messages from a newsgroup and repost it to another newsgroup

[This followup was posted to borland.public.delphi.internet.winsock and
a copy was sent to the cited author.]

In article <3af6cbb8_2@dnews>, t...@hongkong.com says...

> I want to use Indy to read messages from a newsgroup and repost it to
> another newsgroup, remaining the original tree structure (that is, the
> reply-to-message will remain replying to the original message that it is
> replied to). What components should I use? Which properties/events/methods
> should I concern (for reading news message/posting news message/replying
> news message)? Thanks.

The way you would do that is to use GetArticle( to retreive the message.
Than, use the Send procedure to post it.   To preserve the tree
structure, you have to change the References header to point to message
ID's in the new newsgroup.

HTH.
--
Support the anti-Spam amendment - Join at http://www.cauce.org/
J. Peter Mugaas     E-Mail:  oma00...@mail.wvnet.edu

Re:(Indy) Read messages from a newsgroup and repost it to another newsgroup

Thanks a lot, let me try it first.

--
J. Peter Mugaas <oma00...@mail.wvnet.edu> wrote in message

> [This followup was posted to borland.public.delphi.internet.winsock and
> a copy was sent to the cited author.]

> In article <3af6cbb8_2@dnews>, t...@hongkong.com says...
> > I want to use Indy to read messages from a newsgroup and repost it to
> > another newsgroup, remaining the original tree structure (that is, the
> > reply-to-message will remain replying to the original message that it is
> > replied to). What components should I use? Which

properties/events/methods
> > should I concern (for reading news message/posting news message/replying
> > news message)? Thanks.

> The way you would do that is to use GetArticle( to retreive the message.
> Than, use the Send procedure to post it.   To preserve the tree
> structure, you have to change the References header to point to message
> ID's in the new newsgroup.

> HTH.
> --
> Support the anti-Spam amendment - Join at http://www.cauce.org/