Best Way to Handle Multiple Bitmaps

My app requires that I read anywhere from 1 to 64 bitmap images into
memory from a Paradox BLOB field.  Right now, I've got a single TDBImage
into which I read the record (and image).  Then I do a bitmap create and
assign the TDBImage to the bitmap.  The bitmap is part of a two
dimensional array of records which contain the bitmap plus a lot of
descriptor info such as lat/long, resolution, etc.

This does not seem like the fastest way to do things.  Is it possible
for me to create mutltiple TDBImages during execution, assign it/them to
the appropriate database/table/field, then save a pointer to the image
for later display?
If so, a bit of syntax direction would be appreciated.

Thank you.

--
Wayne Herbert
Manager, Computer Products

Vox:  713.522.7949
Fax:  713.521.3202
Email:  wherb...@rice.edu

"Why is it only drug dealers and software developers call their clients
'users'?"