BDE-error

Hello,

I have the following critical problem, which i'm not able to solve. I use
dbase. If i run my program, sometimes an error like this appears: BDE-error:
$0558. This error does not appear when i'm using the de{*word*81}. But it isn't
a BDE-errorcode. Borland said to me it is an VisiBroker-errorcode. But i
haven't installed VisiBroker anyway. So my question is: Is there somebody,
who knows this problem or knows how to solve it.

It's really important for me,
thanks for answering,

greetings,
Steffen

(excuse my bad English)
(for people speaking german)

Ich habe folgendes schwerwiegendes Problem, welches ich einfach nicht l?sen
kann. Ich benutze dBase-Tabellen. Manchmal tritt dann zur Laufzeit folgende
Fehlermeldung auf: BDE-Fehler: $0558. Benutze ich den De{*word*81} tritt der
Fehler pl?tzlich nicht mehr auf. Dieser Fehlercode ist allerdings kein
BDE-Fehlercode. Die bei Borland haben mir gesagt, das sei ein Fehlercode des
VisiBroker, welchen ich in keiner Weise installiert habe oder benutze. Kennt
jemand vielleicht zuf?llig dieses Problem oder wei? jemand womit das
zusammenh?ngen kann?

Es ist wirklich wichtig,
fr Antworten bin ich sehr dankbar,

Gr?e,
Steffen

Re:BDE-error

Steffen Vienhues wrote:

> So my question is: Is there somebody,
> who knows this problem or knows how to solve it.

> It's really important for me,
> thanks for answering,

I don't know what error code that is. I scanned through my BDE
directories but did not find any string there having "0558".

So, you'll probably just have to do it in the hard way. Slowly
narrow the problem down to some certain part of your application.

If the error appears frequently, any time you want, or even once
in 5 minutes or so, you'll be able to locate it. If it appears
only once a day or once a week, then it can be more tough one.

First find which Forms are open, active when the error appears
with your compiled app. Then remove couple of those Forms from
your project, keep testing and testing, and slowly narrow the
error down to one Form only.
When only one Form is left, continue commenting the code blocks
so you'll finally find the quilty part.

Sorry, there was really nothing new with this tip. But I also don't
know any quicker way to get those tough bugs out. Yes, and good luck
to you, it may sometime help:)

Markku Nevalainen

Other Threads