Board index » delphi » multi users database application.....

multi users database application.....

what are the things I should think of if I want to develop a
multi-user database application??
is there any homepages I can refer to??

thanx

 

Re:multi users database application.....


There are probably a few good books to read...

Nevertheless, take in account that:
- No user should be able to overwrite other users data when both are posting
data (you need to create a lock of some kind)
- You don't create table locks!! So the other users cannot access that
table...

---
For Delphi components and links:
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.demon.nl

Quote
AhYap wrote in message <36d7758c.1757...@nntp.jaring.my>...
>what are the things I should think of if I want to develop a
>multi-user database application??
>is there any homepages I can refer to??

>thanx

Re:multi users database application.....


Quote
AhYap wrote:

> what are the things I should think of if I want to develop a
> multi-user database application??
> is there any homepages I can refer to??

If you are going to use Delphi, and for instance dBase or Paradox
database, then the answer is quite simple. If you can write a single
user DB application, then it will automatically be also multi user
DB app.
  There are only some simple things how to configure BDE (Borland
Database Engine), and it will take care of the record lockings etc.
Start from here, http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde/ti_list/index.html
look TI2989 for example.

Markku Nevalainen

Re:multi users database application.....


On Sun, 28 Feb 1999 13:17:24 +0200, Markku Nevalainen <m...@iki.fi>
wrote:

Quote
>AhYap wrote:

>> what are the things I should think of if I want to develop a
>> multi-user database application??
>> is there any homepages I can refer to??

>If you are going to use Delphi, and for instance dBase or Paradox
>database, then the answer is quite simple. If you can write a single
>user DB application, then it will automatically be also multi user
>DB app.
>  There are only some simple things how to configure BDE (Borland
>Database Engine), and it will take care of the record lockings etc.
>Start from here, http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde/ti_list/index.html
>look TI2989 for example.

in a old database development style....what should I think about ...if
I wanna develop a multi user application...is there any books or web
site i can refer to?? I need to prepare a report for my supervisor...

thanx

Re:multi users database application.....


On Sat, 27 Feb 1999 21:04:38 +0100, "Martijn Tonies"

Quote
<m.ton...@remove.upscene.demon.nl> wrote:
>There are probably a few good books to read...

can I know the books title ?
Quote

>Nevertheless, take in account that:
>- No user should be able to overwrite other users data when both are posting
>data (you need to create a lock of some kind)
>- You don't create table locks!! So the other users cannot access that
>table...

>---
>For Delphi components and links:
>Upscene Productions
>http://www.upscene.demon.nl

>AhYap wrote in message <36d7758c.1757...@nntp.jaring.my>...
>>what are the things I should think of if I want to develop a
>>multi-user database application??
>>is there any homepages I can refer to??

>>thanx

Other Threads