Nested transactions

Does anyone know how I can have nested transactions, and what server I need? I
am currently using Interbase. Do I have to change the server?

TIA,
Nikolay Simeonov

Re:Nested transactions

Sybase SQL Anywhere has the concept of Savepoints. You can create these with
virtually no performance penalty. Then you can rollback to a Savepoint or
cancel the Savepoint later. That did not exist in Interbase the last time I
looked.

n...@my-dejanews.com wrote in message <6norv7$kr...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>Does anyone know how I can have nested transactions, and what server I
need? I
>am currently using Interbase. Do I have to change the server?

Re:Nested transactions

> Sybase SQL Anywhere has the concept of Savepoints. You can create these with
> virtually no performance penalty. Then you can rollback to a Savepoint or
> cancel the Savepoint later. That did not exist in Interbase the last time I
> looked.

> >Does anyone know how I can have nested transactions, and what server I
> >need? I am currently using Interbase. Do I have to change the server?

I've seen somewhere that Oracle has a common mechanism... This is so basic,
that I cannot imagine, that Interbase doesn't support it! I looked at the IB
api functions, but they are such a mess :( Did anyone hear about a component
or any tricky way to do this with InterBase?

NS