Delphi Running a ORACLE Stored Procedure in a Package

I need help finding a solution.  I need to know how to Make Delphi run a
Stored Procedure which is in a ORACLE Package.  Any Ideas.

Delphi : 2.0
ORACLE : 7.3

Thanks,

Michael

Re:Delphi Running a ORACLE Stored Procedure in a Package

"Michael Bennett" <benn...@hcyguy.hcs.net> wrote:
>I need help finding a solution.  I need to know how to Make Delphi run a
>Stored Procedure which is in a ORACLE Package.  Any Ideas.

I know that it doesn't work in Delphi 1.0 due to a bug in the SQL
Links (bug confirmed by Borland), but maybe it's fixed by now.

Anyway, to run the procedure in the package, use a TStoredProc and set
its StoredProcName to "schema"."package"."procedure", e.g. to
        GEN.ACC_PACKAGE.GETLOGON

or something similar.

Marc
Marc Scheuner, marc.scheu...@bernoise.ch    CH-3001 BERNE, Switzerland

Re:Delphi Running a ORACLE Stored Procedure in a Package

If you are calling a function in a package, the package must be a part
of a public schema.  You should use uppercase everywhere.  If you need
to call a function in a non-public package (for system integrity
reasons), you can set up a stored procedure assigned to your schema that
executes the package's schema for you.

You might also want to read...
 http://netserv.borland.com/techsupport/sqllinks/text/ora_pack.txt

Other Threads