Information about Security Datasase (ISC4.GDB) in InterBase NEEDED

Have anybody more info about SUBJ than it have been written
in InterBase documentation (it is absent there)?

I extraced Metadata ISC4.GDB by WISQL and saw two tables (HOST_INFO & USERS)

There are USER_NAME
         ,PASSWD
         ,FIRST_NAME
         ,MIDDLE_NAME
         ,LAST_NAME fields in USERS only useful, IMHO, for security purposes.

How about rest of fields?
May I think ISC4 support user grouping & privileges management for whole group?
Or these fields reserved for future implementation?

Thanks for any help

Igor V. Bodnar

Re:Information about Security Datasase (ISC4.GDB) in InterBase NEEDED

Igor V. Bodnar wrote:

> Have anybody more info about SUBJ than it have been written
> in InterBase documentation (it is absent there)?

> I extraced Metadata ISC4.GDB by WISQL and saw two tables (HOST_INFO & USERS)

> There are USER_NAME
>          ,PASSWD
>          ,FIRST_NAME
>          ,MIDDLE_NAME
>          ,LAST_NAME fields in USERS only useful, IMHO, for security purposes.

> How about rest of fields?
> May I think ISC4 support user grouping & privileges management for whole group?
> Or these fields reserved for future implementation?

> Thanks for any help

> Igor V. Bodnar

InterBase 3.3 supported the idea of a UID and a GID as is done in UNIX.
Rights could be assigned to the group instead of to the individual so as
to ease security measures. The difficult is that it is no longer
supported.

--

Robert Schieck
MER Systems Inc.

Client/Server Development and Training using Delphi,  InterBase and
Oracle

InterBase page http://www.mers.com/interbase.html
udflib page         http://www.mers.com/product.html
TDUG page        http://www.mers.com/tdug.html      -Toronto Delphi Users