Win32 Serial - Am I missing something?

I'm a relatively new Delphi programmer who has written an application in
v1.0 for Windows using the Win3.1 API to handle Serial Port
Communications.  The .exe won't handle the Com Port properly in Win95,
so I tried recompiling under Delphi 2.0 only to find out it won't
compile.

The Win95 API has obviously changed but the help menu in Delphi 2.0
doesn't have ANY Win95 API info at all.  I can't believe this!  Am I
missing something?  Can someone point me in the right direction,
please?  Please excuse my ignorance if the solution is obvious.  Thanks

Re:Win32 Serial - Am I missing something?

In article <32781754.7...@juno.com>, Jeff Martin <jeff.mar...@juno.com>
writes

>I'm a relatively new Delphi programmer who has written an application in
>v1.0 for Windows using the Win3.1 API to handle Serial Port
>Communications.  The .exe won't handle the Com Port properly in Win95,
>so I tried recompiling under Delphi 2.0 only to find out it won't
>compile.

>The Win95 API has obviously changed but the help menu in Delphi 2.0
>doesn't have ANY Win95 API info at all.  I can't believe this!  Am I
>missing something?  Can someone point me in the right direction,
>please?  Please excuse my ignorance if the solution is obvious.  Thanks

Serial communications are handled like files in win95, checkout the
serial components on www.delphi32.com
--
Michael Wilcox

Other Threads