Problem installing Winshoe 7 or Indy 8

Greetings,

We have been trying to install Winshoe 7 (automated install) and the Indy
8.00.23 (manual install) on one of our Windows 98 systems running Delphi 4
Client/Server (sp3).

In all cases, when we get to the install .bpl step we get a GPF in Delphi32
in module <unknown>. Just to be sure we went back and reinstalled patch 1, 2
and 3 to Delphi 4. We have not tried a complete reinstall (it takes a couple
of days to rebuild our development environment).

Does anyone have any ideas on what is causing this or a way around it? So
far only one system is giving us problems. The other systems are running the
same release of Windows 98.

Thanks in advance...
___________________________
Dan Rhea - Mailto:d...@sirs.com
Windows Programmer
SIRS Mandarin, Inc.

Re:Problem installing Winshoe 7 or Indy 8

This is a WIN98 issue. To get around this open then compile and install
Indy50.dpk manually, and then open then compile and install dclIndy50.dpk
manually.

Regards,

Gordon Cutts

"Dan Rhea" <d...@sirs.com> wrote in message news:3ac0eb87$1_1@dnews...
> Greetings,

> We have been trying to install Winshoe 7 (automated install) and the Indy
> 8.00.23 (manual install) on one of our Windows 98 systems running Delphi 4
> Client/Server (sp3).

> In all cases, when we get to the install .bpl step we get a GPF in
Delphi32
> in module <unknown>. Just to be sure we went back and reinstalled patch 1,
2
> and 3 to Delphi 4. We have not tried a complete reinstall (it takes a
couple
> of days to rebuild our development environment).

> Does anyone have any ideas on what is causing this or a way around it? So
> far only one system is giving us problems. The other systems are running
the
> same release of Windows 98.

> Thanks in advance...
> Dan Rhea - Mailto:d...@sirs.com