Program to do integration (Pascal on Mac) - Need source

Hi:

        I need to get access to a program that does integration
(definite integrals). Is there any site where I can get the source
on Pascal for Mac? Alternatively, could someone post the source?

        Also, which Pascal compiler would you recommend for Power Macs?

thanks in advance,

-Sham

p.s: I will try my best to read the newsgroup, but could I request you
to send me your reply by email (gt23...@prism.gatech.edu)?

Re:Program to do integration (Pascal on Mac) - Need source

Re:Program to do integration (Pascal on Mac) - Need source

Was bedeutet im Pascal  : {$N+, E+}
Wie kann ich ein Pascal-Programm mit Grafiken compilieren?

On 22 Feb 1996, Otman Amghar wrote:

> Was bedeutet im Pascal  : {$N+, E+}
> Wie kann ich ein Pascal-Programm mit Grafiken compilieren?

... and what about translating ???

Regards,
Aitor.

    ********  Hau ez da Espainia ... Euskal Herria Askatu !!!  *******
    ***  This is not Spain ... Freedom for the Basque Country !!!  ***
    *****************  epago...@lgdx02.lg.ehu.es  ********************

amg...@dfki.uni-kl.de (Otman Amghar) wrote:
>Was bedeutet im Pascal  : {$N+, E+}
>Wie kann ich ein Pascal-Programm mit Grafiken compilieren?

{$N+,E+}  creates an executable that can be used on any machine -
80x87 co-processor present or not. If one is found , it is used,
otherwise the run-time library emulates it.

In article <4gi6h0$...@corp-200.dfki.uni-kl.de> amg...@dfki.uni-kl.de (Otman Amghar) writes:
>Was bedeutet im Pascal  : {$N+, E+}

Sprechen Sie Englisch, bitte!  :-)  (Ugh, my German's a little rusty, sorry
if that's bad grammar. . . .)

$N+ is the compiler directive to support co-processing of floating point
numbers.  If a coprocessor is installed in the system (80x87), that will be
used for floating point math.  If E+ is also specified, it tells the
compiler to link in a coprocessor emulator and use that if a coprocessor
isn't installed.  If E- is specified where N+ is, the program will only run
if a coprocessor is installed in the machine.

>Wie kann ich ein Pascal-Programm mit Grafiken compilieren?

Umm, if I understand the question correctly, there are three ways.  First,
you can use the GRAPH unit and draw with its built-in library of functions.
Pro:  Relatively easy to use, supported in the language.  Con:  Slow, and
unless you can find good third-party BGI drivers, you're limited by the
small number of video types Borland supports.  Second, there's getting an
add-on graphics library.  Pro:  Usually much faster than BGI, may support
more resolutions.  Con:  You may be limited by the author's design of the
library.  Third, write your own graphics code.  Pro:  Complete freedom to do
whatever you want.  Con:  A lot of time and hard work.

--
Scott F. Earnest             |0100100001000001010010010100110000100000|
sc...@whiplash.res.cmu.edu   |0100010101010010010010010101001100100001|

Aitor Gomez Gonzalez wrote:

> On 22 Feb 1996, Otman Amghar wrote:

> > Was bedeutet im Pascal  : {$N+, E+}

$N+  use x87 floating point types, assume x87 present.
E+   use x87 emulation if no x87 is present.

> > Wie kann ich ein Pascal-Programm mit Grafiken compilieren?

The question is absolutely devoid of meaning.

> ... and what about translating ???

Hey, german is one of the main scientific languages.

- Alf

In article <Pine.ULT.3.91.960222203021.18350A-100000@lgdx02>, Aitor Gomez Gonzalez <epago...@lg.ehu.es> writes:
|> On 22 Feb 1996, Otman Amghar wrote:
|>
|> > Was bedeutet im Pascal  : {$N+, E+}
|> > Wie kann ich ein Pascal-Programm mit Grafiken compilieren?
|>
|> ... and what about translating ???

what does {$N+, E+} mean

How can I compile a pascal program with graphics

 -Mike

Re:Program to do integration (Pascal on Mac) - Need source

On Thu, 22 Feb 1996 20:31:37 +0000, Aitor Gomez Gonzalez

<epago...@lg.ehu.es> wrote:
>On 22 Feb 1996, Otman Amghar wrote:
>> Was bedeutet im Pascal  : {$N+, E+}
>> Wie kann ich ein Pascal-Programm mit Grafiken compilieren?
>... and what about translating ???

Since my German ended at about the end of the second line, I'll answer
in English.

N+ = use 80x87
E+ = use 80x87 emulator code {run in SX or DX machine}

Anschuldich zich mir meine English und meine Deutch, bitte.

--
Al

Other Threads