DBASE - Numeric field format

Hello
    How can I create NUMERIC size 16 scale 3,  field format in DBASE (in
Delphi 6.0) ??
    SQL : ' Create table a (NUMERIC (16,3))'  >>> make (in SQLExpolrer)
Double (8) field type
    Can someone help me?
Thanks, Gus

Re:DBASE - Numeric field format

Gus (grz...@wp.pl) wrote:

:     How can I create NUMERIC size 16 scale 3,  field format in DBASE (in
: Delphi 6.0) ??
:     SQL : ' Create table a (NUMERIC (16,3))'  >>> make (in SQLExpolrer)
: Double (8) field type

Assuming you're using the BDE, see LocalSQL.hlp in your
BDE directory for the supported syntax.
--
Rick Carter
carte...@email.uc.edu   Rick.Car...@ParadoxCommunity.com

Gus wrote:
> Hello
>     How can I create NUMERIC size 16 scale 3,  field format in DBASE (in
> Delphi 6.0) ??
>     SQL : ' Create table a (NUMERIC (16,3))'  >>> make (in SQLExpolrer)
> Double (8) field type
>     Can someone help me?
> Thanks, Gus

In addition to the previous comments ... don't rely too much on the size and
scale of a numeric field, at least not with dBase or Paradox formats.  (In
fact, not with /any/ database unless you know the representation is BCD =
Binary Coded Decimal.)  The usual "float binary" representation of floating
point numbers is not as arithmetically accurate as SQL may imply.  But "SQL
is only a /suggestion/ to the underlying database engine" on such points.

Fast automatic Paradox/Delphi table repair at a click of a mouse!
http://www.sundialservices.com/products/chimneysweep

Other Threads