How to create DATE FIELD OR TIME FIELD ?

I used Interbase 5.6 with c++BUIDER 4.0 aund dbexplorer to create table ;
now i want to add one date field and time field (avilable in interbase 6.0)
to my tables but in dbexplorer these kInds of field don't exist (there is
only date field  <---> TIMESTAMP) ; how can i do?

Re:How to create DATE FIELD OR TIME FIELD ?

InterBase version prior to 6 only have a combined date/time field. The
seperate date or time is new in InterBase 6.

--
Martijn Tonies
InterBase Workbench - the developer tool for InterBase and Firebird

Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

"This is an object-oriented system.
If we change anything, the users object."

aeroproduct wrote:

> I used Interbase 5.6 with c++BUIDER 4.0 aund dbexplorer to create table ;
> now i want to add one date field and time field (avilable in interbase 6.0)
> to my tables but in dbexplorer these kInds of field don't exist (there is
> only date field  <---> TIMESTAMP) ; how can i do?

        In 5.6, the only thing you can do is add a DATE (TIMESTAMP in 6) field
and ignore the time portion.

        -Craig

We're hiring: http://www.vertexsoftware.com/careerops.htm#sd

Re:How to create DATE FIELD OR TIME FIELD ?

Hi,
  I think that your database is dialect 1. DATE and TIME fields are only
available in dialect 3. I'm not sure how easy it is to convert from one
to the other though. You may need to generate it from scratch.

Regards
  Ian Newby

Other Threads