Hide visible componets depending on db-rights

Hi!

In a userinterface I'd like to accomplish the following:
Supposing there are two databasetables in a single database,
and there are two types of users.

The application should only show the interface components
applicable: if a type of user has no 'select' rights
on one table and has no 'insert' rights in the other table
I'd like to make the components that allow the user to
insert or select not visible. I've been looking at the
adoconnection.mode property but this does not supply
me with the proper information. Perhaps I have to use
the adoconnection.properties, but I'm not certain.

Anyone with advice / experience?

thanx in advance,

Re:Hide visible componets depending on db-rights

To retreive user information you need ADOX (import the 'Microsoft ADO Ext.
for DDL and Security' Type Library).

ps. Currently ADOX is only supported by the MS Jet OLE-DB provider.

"ochrana" <ochr...@my-deja.com> schreef in bericht

> Hi!

> In a userinterface I'd like to accomplish the following:
> Supposing there are two databasetables in a single database,
> and there are two types of users.

> The application should only show the interface components
> applicable: if a type of user has no 'select' rights
> on one table and has no 'insert' rights in the other table
> I'd like to make the components that allow the user to
> insert or select not visible. I've been looking at the
> adoconnection.mode property but this does not supply
> me with the proper information. Perhaps I have to use
> the adoconnection.properties, but I'm not certain.

> Anyone with advice / experience?

> thanx in advance,

Other Threads