Delphi 6 Master Detail not synced

I am having data synced problems when using two TIBQueries with a
Master/detail situation.  If I view the master with a grid and the
details with a grid it works just fine.  I scroll a record in the
master and the details updates.

If I view a couple of detailed fields with TDBEdits then the TDBEdit
fields do not get updated all of the time, just sometimes.  And when
it does update, it updates to the previous record.  BUT the grid is
still up to date.

I found this error in my main app and successfully recreated it in a
simple test program.  The app was working great in Delphi 5 with IBX
4.52.

Any ideas?

Peter