Progress messages (callbacks) during Pack table process

Stephen van Ham (svan...@ihug.co.nz) wrote:
: I've written a program to pack some Paradox tables loaded onto a
: customer's network (network server is running Windows NT if that's
: useful - not sure which version).  The program uses the BDE API routine
: bdidorestructure to pack the table - that works fine, no problems there.

: How do I display some sort of progress indicator during the packing
: process?  I've created a callback handler and registered a the callback
: (type CBPROGRESS I think it's called), but the callback never get's
: called during the pack.

Are you aware of the dTutil program available on the Inprise
website?  Use this as a model; I know they have progress bars
for various functions, and probably one for table pack if it
is possible (but I can't recall for sure).

If you're packing a series of tables all at once and want a
progress bar, if nothing else you could do a call to "Stepit"
before each time you move on to the next table.
Rick Carter   carte...@email.uc.edu   rcar...@tso.cin.ix.net

Re:Progress messages (callbacks) during Pack table process

Hi people,

I did a bit of search on the Dejanews archives and didn't find anyone
answering this question, so -

I've written a program to pack some Paradox tables loaded onto a
customer's network (network server is running Windows NT if that's
useful - not sure which version).  The program uses the BDE API routine
bdidorestructure to pack the table - that works fine, no problems there.

My question -

How do I display some sort of progress indicator during the packing
process?  I've created a callback handler and registered a the callback
(type CBPROGRESS I think it's called), but the callback never get's
called during the pack.

I'm using the version of BDE that comes with Delphi 3.0 (BDE 4.0 I
think).  Is it possible to get a progress indicator during a pack (ie.
I'm doing something wrong), or is that feature missing from the version
of BDE I'm using?

Examples of this feature working would be much appreciated!

Other Threads