Create dbase IV table with Delphi 2.0 and BDE 4.51

Running Delphi 2.0, how can I create a dbase IV file.  It keeps on
creating a dbase version 7 table.  I'm using BDE 4.51.

I'm creating the table by setting fielddefs and indexdefs and then
calling TTable.CreateTable.  Its TableType is set to ttdbase.

I've tried setting the Level parameter for the dbase driver using BDE
Administrator.  It still creates version 7 table.

I've looked at an example of using DBIDoRestructure, but it only
worked for Paradox tables.

Can this be done at all?

TTable, under Delphi 2.0, does NOT have a TableLevel property like it
does in Delphi 3.0!

FYI- I can create any version Paradox table in Delphi 3.0 by setting
TTable.TableLevel, but everytime I try to create a dbase table after
setting TableLevel, I get an exception error.  Are these situations
related somehow.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks

Steve D'Abrosca
r...@shore.net

Re:Create dbase IV table with Delphi 2.0 and BDE 4.51

>I've tried setting the Level parameter for the dbase driver using BDE
>Administrator.  It still creates version 7 table.

It works for me when I have the table level set for the BDE driver to
5.  Are you trying to add some feature to the table not supported in a
versinon 5 table?  If so the BDE will create the level neccessary

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Other Threads