Export Paradox Table To Text File Under Delphi

Hi all, good day.

Rather straight question, how do I export my Paradox table from Delphi
1.0 to a normal Text file or SDF file??

Anyway comments welcome. TIA

Kc

Re:Export Paradox Table To Text File Under Delphi

On Tue, 27 May 1997 10:59:29 GMT, won...@somas.po.my (Kc Wong) wrote:
>Rather straight question, how do I export my Paradox table from Delphi
>1.0 to a normal Text file or SDF file??

 One of two ways:

1) write code that opens the file, reads each record/col and writes it
out.  You have the greatest control in how the output is generated

2) use the batch move component to send it to an ascii "table".  This
will write the output in fixed col lengths based on your table col
widths.  No separators between fields.

david sampson

dsamp...@atlanta.com

Re:Export Paradox Table To Text File Under Delphi

Thanks, David. Will try that.

dsamp...@atlanta.com wrote:
>On Tue, 27 May 1997 10:59:29 GMT, won...@somas.po.my (Kc Wong) wrote:
>>Rather straight question, how do I export my Paradox table from Delphi
>>1.0 to a normal Text file or SDF file??

> One of two ways:
>1) write code that opens the file, reads each record/col and writes it
>out.  You have the greatest control in how the output is generated
>2) use the batch move component to send it to an ascii "table".  This
>will write the output in fixed col lengths based on your table col
>widths.  No separators between fields.
>david sampson
>dsamp...@atlanta.com

Other Threads