How to save a query result?

Hello fellow Delphi programmers,
--------------------------------

I'am faced with the following problem, and till know I was unable to solve it:

I use a SQLserver (like Oracle or MS-SQLserver) to query a large table maintained by that server.
After quering the table I want to save the query results to a DBASE (*.DBF) file on my local disk.

What is the fastest way to do this?, I tried DBIMakePermanent, but it does not work.

Any suggestions or idea's will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Marc de Boer.
(mdeb...@pop.ivg.com)

Re:How to save a query result?

R.G. Heller <mdeb...@pop.ivg.com> wrote:
>Hello fellow Delphi programmers,
>--------------------------------

>I'am faced with the following problem, and till know I was unable to solve it:

>I use a SQLserver (like Oracle or MS-SQLserver) to query a large table maintained by that server.
>After quering the table I want to save the query results to a DBASE (*.DBF) file on my local disk.

>What is the fastest way to do this?, I tried DBIMakePermanent, but it does not work.

>Any suggestions or idea's will be appreciated.

Use the TBatchMove component: Make the TQuery the source and a TTable the
destination, and run it. That's it!

Good Luck,
Peter Antypas
paa00...@bayou.uh.edu