Teechart problem centering pie-charts

Hello,

First of all sorry for posting this message in this newsgroup, as i have
tried it in componentes.usage, but i had no response.

I have a double-sided problem with Teechart graphs.

This is the situation:
I have a pie chart i need to export to a wmf, and later insert this graph
into a template (Leaflet tsl) to finally make a pdf out of this document.

I have the following combination of problems:

A) when the teechart proparty "circled pie" is checked, AND the property
"3DOptions" is unchecked the graph is printed out perfectly. Except when I
use large labels, then the graph is displaced (not centered on the panel).

B) to solve the problem in A), i check the "3DOptions" property to true,
and then i can replace the chart (by code) to center it (by modifying the
HorizOffset and VertOffSet). This method introduces a new problem: when i
export (wmf) and print the chart, the lines are not fluently, due to
pixelation of certain lines.

So conclusion: either of these situations is 100% satisfactory. Has anybody
encountered this problem before? If yes, what is/could be the solutions to
this problem?

Thanks for your time,

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
K.Demuynck

Re:Teechart problem centering pie-charts

I remember having a similar problem a year or so ago. If I remember correctly,
there is a problem with TCircledSeries which under certain circumstances gets
aligned more than once, which in turn adds some additional displacement to some
parts of the chart. To correct this, I remember I had to alter the sources:

Unit SERIES.PAS:
within the procedure TCircledSeries.DoBeforeDrawValues, there is a local
procedure called
AdjustCircleMarks. I added an Exit statement right at the beginning of this
procedure. I don't remember why and I am not aware of all the consequences of
this modification, but it worked for me.

Regards,

Marko

> I have the following combination of problems:

> A) when the teechart proparty "circled pie" is checked, AND the property
> "3DOptions" is unchecked the graph is printed out perfectly. Except when I
> use large labels, then the graph is displaced (not centered on the panel).

> B) to solve the problem in A), i check the "3DOptions" property to true,
> and then i can replace the chart (by code) to center it (by modifying the
> HorizOffset and VertOffSet). This method introduces a new problem: when i
> export (wmf) and print the chart, the lines are not fluently, due to
> pixelation of certain lines.

> So conclusion: either of these situations is 100% satisfactory. Has anybody
> encountered this problem before? If yes, what is/could be the solutions to
> this problem?

Other Threads