Getting network name of computer in PASCAL?

    Could anyone tell me how to read the network computer name of the
current computer?  I have heard that there is a DOS call which may be
able to do it but I have no information on this.  I need a function that
can return the name for any given network from DOS.  If anyone can help
then please CC to my E-Mail address :-
            ch...@ok-computers-2000.freeserve.co.uk

Re:Getting network name of computer in PASCAL?

On Mon, 02 Nov 1998 11:42:18 +0000, Chris Priest

<ch...@ok-computers-2000.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>    Could anyone tell me how to read the network computer name of the
>current computer?  I have heard that there is a DOS call which may be
>able to do it but I have no information on this.  I need a function that
>can return the name for any given network from DOS.

I'm not sure about DOS, but under OS/2 , the "HOSTNAME" environment
variable contains the computer's name.

- Blackdeath - s_honsber...@13usa.net
-- Web: http://tinys.oix.com/blackdeath
--- ICQ UIN # 3484915
---- Remove 'thir{*word*249}' to reply

Chris Priest wrote:

>     Could anyone tell me how to read the network computer name of the
> current computer?  I have heard that there is a DOS call which may be
> able to do it but I have no information on this.  I need a function that
> can return the name for any given network from DOS.  If anyone can help

I remember that there was some issue in the 1QA pages of
the FAQ chapter or in the network chapter of the TP-links: