Cannot debug Delphi component from C++ Builder 6

Hi,

I have an application written in C++ Builder 6 that makes use of some Delphi
components. Even though I have the source code and have compiled the
component with full debug information I cannot trace into the code. I'm
quite sure I'm missing something real simple here, but I don't have a clue
what it is..

The components are compiled with the following options:

Compiler: Full debug
Advanced Compiler: Tried with both C and Pascal calling conventions
Pascal: All debug info enabled

When I click F7 (Trace Into) on a breakpoint set on a call to a component
method, the de{*word*81} breaks in the first event handler (my own code) instead
of the first line of the function I call.

My project is compiled with full debug... the component is dynamically
allocated if that makes a difference.

Any hints will be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Brian

Re:Cannot debug Delphi component from C++ Builder 6

On Tue, 27 May 2003 00:27:45 +0200, Brian Rasmusson wrote:
>I have an application written in C++ Builder 6 that makes use of some Delphi
>components. Even though I have the source code and have compiled the
>component with full debug information I cannot trace into the code. I'm
>quite sure I'm missing something real simple here, but I don't have a clue
>what it is..

>The components are compiled with the following options:

>Compiler: Full debug
>Advanced Compiler: Tried with both C and Pascal calling conventions
>Pascal: All debug info enabled

>When I click F7 (Trace Into) on a breakpoint set on a call to a component
>method, the de{*word*81} breaks in the first event handler (my own code) instead
>of the first line of the function I call.

>My project is compiled with full debug... the component is dynamically
>allocated if that makes a difference.

>Any hints will be greatly appreciated!

Without seeing the actual code, I can only assume it's similar to what I've
found.  If there are multiple actual function calls on a single source line,
the Borland de{*word*81} is incapable of tracing into the one you're interested
in.  You should try setting break points in the called function itself,
rather than attempting to trace into it.

--
 - Mike

Remove 'spambegone.net' and reverse to send e-mail.

Other Threads