Need a VCL Calendar & Schedule component

I have been searching for a few months for a set of  VCL components for
BCB 1.0 / 3.0 which implements a calendar (day/month/year views), a
daily schedule (schedule tasks by hour) and a calendar popup (dropdown)
for data entry of dates..

I have found many which are only supported in VC++ or Visual Basic.
Sheriden's seems to be the best so far but it's an OCX.  I got it to
work in BCB 1.0, but it won't fly in BCB 3.0 and according to the
president of Sheriden, they're not planning on supporting BCB any time
soon.

I am starting to run up against some deadline pressure and this is
definitely a buy over build decision.  I've been all over the Web, but
any clues as to where else to look would be appreciated.

Re:Need a VCL Calendar & Schedule component

In article <3551EBEB.251FA...@orionsystems.com>, c...@orionsystems.com
says...

> I have been searching for a few months for a set of  VCL components for
> BCB 1.0 / 3.0 which implements a calendar (day/month/year views), a
> daily schedule (schedule tasks by hour) and a calendar popup (dropdown)
> for data entry of dates..

Try Turbopower products.  They have a calendar VCL in one of their
packages.

--
Dave Bour
Nortel

Sorry for the antispamming efforts, to reply
to me, remove the REMOVE from my email address.

Re:Need a VCL Calendar & Schedule component

>> I have found many which are only supported in VC++ or Visual Basic.
> Sheriden's seems to be the best so far but it's an OCX.

I'm biased, but our new Solutions::PIM is a far improvement over Sheridan's
product. It too is an OCX but we do have a lot of Delphi Developers. We are
just getting ready to release Solutions PIM Professional. The heart of the
new package is our new multi-column day view control which supports items
such as printing, views for multiple days or resources, multiple time
zones, etc. (one of the reasons you may not find a lot of companies with
controls like this is because day view controls are complex to write. Our
multi-column day view took about a years worth of man-hours). We won't have
our Borland demos finished for another 2-3 weeks for our web site. However,
if you want, I can E-Mail you (or anyone who asks) the demo controls and
help files.

Craig Gluck
DBI Technologies Inc.
http://www.dbi-tech.com
gcl...@msn.com

Chip Petersen <c...@orionsystems.com> wrote in article
<3551EBEB.251FA...@orionsystems.com>...

> I have been searching for a few months for a set of  VCL components for
> BCB 1.0 / 3.0 which implements a calendar (day/month/year views), a
> daily schedule (schedule tasks by hour) and a calendar popup (dropdown)
> for data entry of dates..

> I have found many which are only supported in VC++ or Visual Basic.
> Sheriden's seems to be the best so far but it's an OCX.  I got it to
> work in BCB 1.0, but it won't fly in BCB 3.0 and according to the
> president of Sheriden, they're not planning on supporting BCB any time
> soon.

> I am starting to run up against some deadline pressure and this is
> definitely a buy over build decision.  I've been all over the Web, but
> any clues as to where else to look would be appreciated.

Re:Need a VCL Calendar & Schedule component

Too bad you don't or won't come out with a VCL version!  I prefer VCL's
much over OCX's for integrating into CPPB/Delphi projects.

Daniel

Craig Gluck wrote:

> >> I have found many which are only supported in VC++ or Visual Basic.
> > Sheriden's seems to be the best so far but it's an OCX.

> I'm biased, but our new Solutions::PIM is a far improvement over Sheridan's
> product. It too is an OCX but we do have a lot of Delphi Developers. We are
> just getting ready to release Solutions PIM Professional. The heart of the
> new package is our new multi-column day view control which supports items
> such as printing, views for multiple days or resources, multiple time
> zones, etc. (one of the reasons you may not find a lot of companies with
> controls like this is because day view controls are complex to write. Our
> multi-column day view took about a years worth of man-hours). We won't have
> our Borland demos finished for another 2-3 weeks for our web site. However,
> if you want, I can E-Mail you (or anyone who asks) the demo controls and
> help files.

> Craig Gluck
> DBI Technologies Inc.
> http://www.dbi-tech.com
> gcl...@msn.com

> Chip Petersen <c...@orionsystems.com> wrote in article
> <3551EBEB.251FA...@orionsystems.com>...
> > I have been searching for a few months for a set of  VCL components for
> > BCB 1.0 / 3.0 which implements a calendar (day/month/year views), a
> > daily schedule (schedule tasks by hour) and a calendar popup (dropdown)
> > for data entry of dates..

> > I have found many which are only supported in VC++ or Visual Basic.
> > Sheriden's seems to be the best so far but it's an OCX.  I got it to
> > work in BCB 1.0, but it won't fly in BCB 3.0 and according to the
> > president of Sheriden, they're not planning on supporting BCB any time
> > soon.

> > I am starting to run up against some deadline pressure and this is
> > definitely a buy over build decision.  I've been all over the Web, but
> > any clues as to where else to look would be appreciated.

Other Threads