Linker Fatal Error in BCB5 (URGENT) Please !

Hi everyone,

I just upgrade from BCB4 Professional to BCB5 Enterprise, when I try to open
and rebuild my existing project (which is done in BCB4), the fatal error
comes out and said "Unable to open file 'VCLE40.LIB'" at the linking stage,
I don't know why it will still reference the BCB4 library file, and I
couldn't found this reference in any of my project files (include the Option
Source), please help !
One thing I may sure, this error is not from the third-party's VCL, because
I had try to start a new project, add all third-party VCL which I have use
in my existing project, and build, it is working fine.

Thanks for any help/advise !

Re:Linker Fatal Error in BCB5 (URGENT) Please !

Jeffrey,

I would say that an external component is by far the most likely culprit. If it
isn't a third party component then maybe it's an old BCB4 component or maybe
one that you've written.

The one thing I think we can be pretty certain about is that BCB5 isn't making
this up. /Something/ in your project is dependant upon VCLE40.LIB.

Andrue Cope
[Bicester, UK]

Re:Linker Fatal Error in BCB5 (URGENT) Please !

Hi Jeffrey

Did you delete all intermediate files (obj, il?, tds, csm) before
rebuild?
Did you open the makefile (Project/View Makefile) and see if there is
an entry on vcle40 (or any other xxx40) library?

These are a kind of "is it plugged in?" questions.

Denis

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000 23:50:53 +0800, "Jeffrey Cheng"

<jeff...@kas.com.hk> wrote:
>I just upgrade from BCB4 Professional to BCB5 Enterprise, when I try to open
>and rebuild my existing project (which is done in BCB4), the fatal error
>comes out and said "Unable to open file 'VCLE40.LIB'" at the linking stage,
>I don't know why it will still reference the BCB4 library file, and I
>couldn't found this reference in any of my project files (include the Option
>Source), please help !

Other Threads