Task Bar

NG,
1)  How can I prevent a BCB3 application from placing a button on the
taskbar - or how can I remove the button?
2)  Is there a way to get a BCB3 application to place an icon in the status
section of the taskbar without working directly with Win API?

Thanks,
Dave

Re:Task Bar

"Dave Curry" <curr...@navair.navy.mil> wrote in message

> NG,
> 1)  How can I prevent a BCB3 application from placing a button on the
> taskbar - or how can I remove the button?

Application->Title = "";
or
ShowWindow(Handle, SW_HIDE);

> 2)  Is there a way to get a BCB3 application to place an icon in the
status
> section of the taskbar without working directly with Win API?

There are many third-party VCL components that wrap the API for you for
working with the System Tray.  Also, BCB comes with an Example project that
shows you how to use the Shell_NotifyIcon API function to place and remove
icons in that area.

Gambit

Other Threads