Installing TeeChart Pro 4 in Builder3 Pro

Hello.

I'm trying to install TeeChart Pro 4 (registered released version) in
C++ Builder Pro 3.0. I'm having trouble.

The installation worked fine on my WinNT 4.0 machine at work.

The Pro 4 Beta versions worked fine both at home and at work.

On my home machine, I'm running Win95, OSR2. C++ Builder Pro 3.0 w/patch
#1. I've reinstalled Builder from scratch, and done the patch. Nothing
installed but what comes on the Builder CD.

When installing TeeChart Pro 4, I do "Component->Install Packages",
per the install instructions, and when I select the "DCLTeP4C.BPL"
file, I get the following:

BCB caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 0217:bff83054

and BCB is gone. I can install the other TeeChart packages (DCLTee4C,
TeeGL4C, TeeQR4C) just fine. All other TeeChart files are installed per
instructions.

Has anyone successfully installed TeeChart Pro 4 (Full release version
of Aug 6th) with C++ Builder Pro 3.0 under Win95 OSR2?

Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be wrong?

Thanks.

Re:Installing TeeChart Pro 4 in Builder3 Pro

Looks like this problem is fixed in the "latest" release
of Aug. 15th.  I can add the package without crashing
C++ Builder.

Thanks for the fix!

Randy Carr wrote:

> Hello.

> I'm trying to install TeeChart Pro 4 (registered released version) in
> C++ Builder Pro 3.0. I'm having trouble.

> The installation worked fine on my WinNT 4.0 machine at work.

> The Pro 4 Beta versions worked fine both at home and at work.

> On my home machine, I'm running Win95, OSR2. C++ Builder Pro 3.0 w/patch
> #1. I've reinstalled Builder from scratch, and done the patch. Nothing
> installed but what comes on the Builder CD.

> When installing TeeChart Pro 4, I do "Component->Install Packages",
> per the install instructions, and when I select the "DCLTeP4C.BPL"
> file, I get the following:

> BCB caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 0217:bff83054

> and BCB is gone. I can install the other TeeChart packages (DCLTee4C,
> TeeGL4C, TeeQR4C) just fine. All other TeeChart files are installed per
> instructions.

> Has anyone successfully installed TeeChart Pro 4 (Full release version
> of Aug 6th) with C++ Builder Pro 3.0 under Win95 OSR2?

> Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be wrong?

> Thanks.

Re:Installing TeeChart Pro 4 in Builder3 Pro

Hi Randy
Yes. It's fixed now.
It's very strange packages worked fine in NT4 but not in win95.
The problem was an empty "initialization" section at the bottom of
one unit.  I added a "dummy" useless line of code and it works fine now.
Sorry for the trouble.

Regards
David Berneda
www.teemach.com

Randy Carr wrote in message <35D616D7.7EDDB...@dallas.net>...
>Looks like this problem is fixed in the "latest" release
>of Aug. 15th.  I can add the package without crashing
>C++ Builder.

>Thanks for the fix!

>Randy Carr wrote:

>> Hello.

>> I'm trying to install TeeChart Pro 4 (registered released version) in
>> C++ Builder Pro 3.0. I'm having trouble.

>> The installation worked fine on my WinNT 4.0 machine at work.

>> The Pro 4 Beta versions worked fine both at home and at work.

>> On my home machine, I'm running Win95, OSR2. C++ Builder Pro 3.0 w/patch
>> #1. I've reinstalled Builder from scratch, and done the patch. Nothing
>> installed but what comes on the Builder CD.

>> When installing TeeChart Pro 4, I do "Component->Install Packages",
>> per the install instructions, and when I select the "DCLTeP4C.BPL"
>> file, I get the following:

>> BCB caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 0217:bff83054

>> and BCB is gone. I can install the other TeeChart packages (DCLTee4C,
>> TeeGL4C, TeeQR4C) just fine. All other TeeChart files are installed per
>> instructions.

>> Has anyone successfully installed TeeChart Pro 4 (Full release version
>> of Aug 6th) with C++ Builder Pro 3.0 under Win95 OSR2?

>> Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be wrong?

>> Thanks.

Re:Installing TeeChart Pro 4 in Builder3 Pro

Please do not cross-post.

Other Threads