newbie and MapPoint... ho ho ho

Hi,
I am trying to automate MapPoint from borland builder.
I know from scouring newsgroups that this is perhaps harder than getting
code from a stone but i must persevere.

I used the ImportActiveX Control setting to import the active x control and
it duly placed an icon on the component pallet - although as expected i cant
actually place this onto a form because i get the message "No such interface
supported" - something i understand to do with the fact that can only do
this using VB
grrrr.

As it stands my solution (which works) is as follows:

Variant map_app;
Variant active_map;

map_app = Variant::CreateObject("MapPoint.Application");
map_app.OlePropertySet("Visible",(Variant)true);
map_app.OlePropertySet("UserControl",(Variant)true);

active_map= map_app.OlePropertyGet("ActiveMap");
active_map.OleProcedure("GoToLatLong",(Variant)43,(Variant) -3,(Variant)
100);

This is all well and good - but it's ridiculously hard work and i am
guessing my way every inch.
IS THERE AN EASIER WAY??

Many many thanks
Shaun