BCB 3.0 and BCB 5.0

I have BCB 3.0 professional installed on my machine right now. I am
going to get a trial version of BCB 5.0 enterprise.
Question: Can I sucessfully install both IDEs on one machine (under same
OS rather)?.

Colin B Maharaj
Trinidad, WI

Re:BCB 3.0 and BCB 5.0

Yes, you can have them both installed at the same time under the same OS.  I
myself have BCB3, 4, and 5 all installed on my machine running Win98.  The
only conflict I've run across is for the "Just-in-time De{*word*81}", as only
one can be registered on a system at a time but BCB4 and BCB5 each have
their own version of it

Gambit

"Colin Maharaj" <c...@cablenett.net> wrote in message

> I have BCB 3.0 professional installed on my machine right now. I am
> going to get a trial version of BCB 5.0 enterprise.
> Question: Can I sucessfully install both IDEs on one machine (under same
> OS rather)?.

Re:BCB 3.0 and BCB 5.0

On Fri, 4 May 2001 18:49:59 -0700, "Remy Lebeau" <gambi...@gte.net> wrote:
>Yes, you can have them both installed at the same time under the same OS.  I
>myself have BCB3, 4, and 5 all installed on my machine running Win98.  The
>only conflict I've run across is for the "Just-in-time De{*word*81}", as only
>one can be registered on a system at a time but BCB4 and BCB5 each have
>their own version of it

Since they are working with the Professional Edition of C++Builder v3,  and
the Enterprise Edition of C++Builder v5 (trial) they may also have some
problems with BDE applications under their Pro package...  Remember that
there are a few components which don't take lightly to having mixed
editions of your compiler,  and the BDE is one of 'em...

Jerry Bloomfield (TeamB)
--
http://www.teamb.com                                      JersW...@wwa.com
Please do *NOT* send private e-mail without prior permission (my anti-spam

Re:BCB 3.0 and BCB 5.0

Kudos to Borland for this.  Very few tool vendors support multiple
version of their software on one machine.

Other Threads