RichEdit and protect attributes

Has anyone run into a problem using the 'Protected" attribute in a richedit
control?  When I protect a section of text, the "Clear()" method will not
clear the edit area.  Attempts to remove the protection by selecting and
changing the "protected" attribute fails.  Once protected always protected
apparently.

Re:RichEdit and protect attributes

Thomas,

I use Win98SE and noticed what you described.
A workaround is to use the OnProtectedChange event to allow
changes in the text with the protected attribute.

I'm still trying to find out why the normal way doesn't work.

Regards

Eudy Carvalhaes C. Silva

Other Threads