Borland C++ Builder && Renderman

Hi,there. This is my first time using Borland C++ Builder, so please bear
with me even if my question is too trivial. While I was trying to compile a
simple program out of "The Renderman Companion", I have got the following
error message and couldn't figure out what went wrong. Can anyone give me a
help how I can fix the following error or tell me what the OMF means ? Is it
related to any linker options which I have to turn on before I use Borland
C++ Builder ? FYI, I didn't have any problem in using libribout.lib library
with VC++. Thanks.

[LinkerError] 'C:\PROGRAM
FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER3\LIB\RENDERMAN\LIBRIBOUT.LIB' contains invalid OMF
record, type 0x21.

Re:Borland C++ Builder && Renderman

"> [LinkerError] 'C:\PROGRAM

> FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER3\LIB\RENDERMAN\LIBRIBOUT.LIB' contains invalid OMF
> record, type 0x21.

This type of error means that the lib file was created with VC++.  VC++ lib
files use a different format than BCB lib files and cannot be linked with
BCB generated apps.

Are the libraries statuc libraries, or are they import libraries for DLLs?
If they are import libraries, then use IMPLIB or COFF2OMF to create import
libraries from the DLLs.  Visit www.bcbdev.com and read the article about
using VC++ DLLs with Borland apps.  If they are static libraries, then you
have 2 options: 1) use VC++ to generate your app, or 2) use VC++ to create a
"wrapper DLL" that exports the functions.  Then use IMPLIB or COFF2OMF to
create a Borland campatible import library for the wrapper DLL.  The latter
option may require a lot of work on your part.

You might also contact the vendor and see if they can provide you with
Borland libraries.

--
Regards,
Scott