Tab key not working on controls in MDIChild form called from DLL

Hi...

I have an application that is calling my MDIChild forms from a .dll, when
the for displays,
the first edit field is focused, but i can't tab to the next control...

If i write an OnKeyPress event in the .dll on the MDIChild form, and say for
example
assign the Enter key to goto the next control, that works, but i just can't
get it working
with the tab key...

Regards

Andr

Re:Tab key not working on controls in MDIChild form called from DLL

You have to do extra wok in order to retreive OnKey... events for the tab
key.  This is by design for Windows itself:

    Receive key events for the arrow keys or the TAB key
    http://www.bcbdev.com/faqs/faq78.htm

Gambit

"Andre Schutte" <sirbr...@webmail.co.za> wrote in message

> If i write an OnKeyPress event in the .dll on the MDIChild form, and
> say for example assign the Enter key to goto the next control, that
> works, but i just can't get it working with the tab key...

Re:Tab key not working on controls in MDIChild form called from DLL

Thanx Gamit :)

that seams to have solved everything :)

Regards

Andre

"Remy Lebeau [TeamB]" <gambi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> You have to do extra wok in order to retreive OnKey... events for the tab
> key.  This is by design for Windows itself:

>     Receive key events for the arrow keys or the TAB key
>     http://www.bcbdev.com/faqs/faq78.htm

> Gambit

> "Andre Schutte" <sirbr...@webmail.co.za> wrote in message

> > If i write an OnKeyPress event in the .dll on the MDIChild form, and
> > say for example assign the Enter key to goto the next control, that
> > works, but i just can't get it working with the tab key...

Other Threads