Vc++ dll containning classes

I have to use classes in a dll that have been built with MSVC++ 5.0 in
C++Builder 3.0.
Is this possible or do I have to wrap it into standard C functions ?

please mail me .

--

______________________________________
 Alexandre Gauthier

Re:Vc++ dll containning classes

You will have to wrap them.  Because name mangling differs from compiler
to compiler, classes in dlls will never cross compilers.

Jeff Overcash

Alexandre Gauthier wrote:

> I have to use classes in a dll that have been built with MSVC++ 5.0 in
> C++Builder 3.0.
> Is this possible or do I have to wrap it into standard C functions ?

> please mail me .

> --

> ______________________________________
>  Alexandre Gauthier
>  Graphic software engineering, dept 80
>  CAE electronics
>  Montreal, Canada
>  341-2000 ext 2347
>  ale...@d80.cae.ca
>  alexgauth...@videotron.ca

Re:Vc++ dll containning classes

You have to wrap them unless there is an ActiveX Type Library for them. If
there is an ActiveX Type Library for them, you can import the type library
and use the generated header and source file to manipulate it. Otherwise
you are out of luck due to the vastly different C++ name mangling that
every C++ implementor uses.