TLB Editing : Lost synchronisation with TLB.h

When I edit and refresh my type library, the corresponding source
(xxx_TLB.cpp/.h) files are no longer updated properly. I can add new
interfaces and properties to them but I cannot make changes to the
original interfaces. I think this problem started after using the text
tab to change properties.

The question is: how do I get them back in sync? When you refresh, what
does Builder use to locate the code in the .h/.cpp? Any clues?

TIA,

Richard Quartermaine
Ultracomp Ltd

Re:TLB Editing : Lost synchronisation with TLB.h

> The question is: how do I get them back in sync? When you refresh, what
> does Builder use to locate the code in the .h/.cpp?

I think that the xxx_tlb.cpp and .h files are always COMPLETELY
generated.  I don't think Builder changes just portions of these files.
So the answer to the last question is: it doesn't locate code in the
files -- it re-writes the whole thing.  Builder does incrementally
change the implementation files -- xxx.cpp and xxx.h.  But it does not
do a very good job.  It handles adding things OK, but not deleting
them.  And sometimes it adds stuff multiple times.

As for your problem, maybe you put a syntax error into the type library
when you edited it via the Text window.  I'd look at the text very
carefully to see if there are errors.  And I'd start lopping out chunks
of it until the generated files get back into sync -- of course only
after making backups.

One other thing to check is whether the .cpp and .h files that you are
looking at are the ones that are being generated.  Sometimes I've been
confused since the files begin generated were in some other directory or
the file named changed.

Hope that helps.

-chad

Other Threads