BC++5.02 app visiting a web link..

2004-01-10 01:13:49 AM
cppbuilder37
Hi friends-
We've been plodding along with our good old fasioned db app for years in
BC++5.02, and now its time to enter the new millenium and teach it to link
up with the web. The docs/helps files never dreamed of it...so how would we
rig things up in OWL so a user would, for instance, visit a pre-defined
website or IP address in response to a clicking on a menu item in our app?
Thanks for the help.
BH

Re:BC++5.02 app visiting a web link..

Hi BH:
You can launch a .URL file via ShellExecute. For example if you want to open
a site when clicking a button just:
ShellExecute(handle, "open", "mySite.URL", NULL, NULL, SW_SHOWNORMAL)
Also check:
WinExec ( "iexplore URLaddress", SW_NORMAL);
For create ipControls / urlControls check OWLNext, their are included there.
If you dont want to switch to OWLNext right now, you
can check the source code and incorporate a version in your project.
Saludos
Sebastian
"BH" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >escribi?en el mensaje
Hi friends-

We've been plodding along with our good old fasioned db app for years in
BC++5.02, and now its time to enter the new millenium and teach it to link
up with the web. The docs/helps files never dreamed of it...so how would
we
rig things up in OWL so a user would, for instance, visit a pre-defined
website or IP address in response to a clicking on a menu item in our app?
Thanks for the help.

BH

Re:BC++5.02 app visiting a web link..

Here is what I do:
void StartWebBrowser(TWindow *twinParent,char *strpWebSite)
{
ShellExecute(twinParent->GetHandle(),"open",strpWebSite,"","",SW_SHOWNORMAL)
;
}
--
Regis St-Gelais, P. Eng. / ing.
www.laubrass.com

{smallsort}

Re:BC++5.02 app visiting a web link..

Thanks Sebastian & Regis...very much appreciated.

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...