PC Health

2006-02-04 08:36:10 PM
cppbuilder91
I'm looking for information on fan speed and CPU temperature so I've spent
all day playing with WMI, checking out:
Namespace Class
"root\\cimv2" "Win32_Fan"
"root\\cimv2" "Win32_TemperatureProbe"
My code returns nothing when enumerating the objects. I've tested the code
against other classes, such as "Win32_ComputerSystem", so I know the
enumeration code is OK.
Am I looking in the wrong spot ? I need to capture this information for the
purpose of displaying information on an LCD display on the front of the PC.
TIA.
Malcolm

Re:PC Health

This newsgroup is about the C++ programming language, but your post is
not.
Please direct your browser at info.borland.com/newsgroups/ and
read the newsgroup descriptions and guidelines. This will help you
find the appropriate newsgroup for your question.

Re:PC Health

I'm aware of guidelines. A bad guess on my part. Will crawl into another
hole and try again :-(
Mal
"Thomas Maeder [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

This newsgroup is about the C++ programming language, but your post is
not.

Please direct your browser at info.borland.com/newsgroups/ and
read the newsgroup descriptions and guidelines. This will help you
find the appropriate newsgroup for your question.

{smallsort}

Re:PC Health

Sorry, I missed the group I wanted by one. Ignore this message.
Mal

Malcolm Smith wrote:
Sorry, I missed the group I wanted by one. Ignore this message.
OK, I'm ignoring it, I think, or am I? If I read it and then ignore it
am I ignoring it? Think I'll have another whiskey and ignore it later.
Nate

Re:PC Health

"Malcolm Smith" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Am I looking in the wrong spot ?
Looks like...
I don't think there is a VCL component that might help you.
You may find a better understanding of your needs regarding
this matter at nativeapi ng. AFAIK, there's no API implementation
of what you're asking for because there is no industry standard
for mb health interface. Some time ago I had to write a simple
driver to read that info for a couple of mbs (the i/o ports have
been provided by a 3rd party). Boba.

Re:PC Health

Malcolm Smith писал(а):
I'm looking for information on fan speed and CPU temperature so I've spent
all day playing with WMI...

Am I looking in the wrong spot ? I need to capture this information for the
purpose of displaying information on an LCD display on the front of the PC.
There is no support of hardware monitoring data access via WMI for most
systems.
But now 3rd party solution is available: Hmonitor (www.hmonitor.com)!
Hmonitor utility collect data from hardware sensors chips installed on
the board, and provides WMI access to them (among several other
interfaces).
Look at the example:
wbemdump root\wmi hmonitor
<ROOT\wmi>
Hmonitor
Fan0 (CIM_SINT32/sint32) = 2460 (0x99C)
Fan2 (CIM_SINT32/sint32) = 2280 (0x8E8)
MyKey (CIM_STRING/STRING)* = "Hmonitor"
Temp0 (CIM_SINT32/sint32) = 49 (0x31)
Temp1 (CIM_SINT32/sint32) = 46 (0x2E)
Temp2 (CIM_SINT32/sint32) = 38 (0x26)
Voltage0 (CIM_SINT32/sint32) = 3335 (0xD07)
Voltage1 (CIM_SINT32/sint32) = 1644 (0x66C)
Voltage2 (CIM_SINT32/sint32) = 1260 (0x4EC)
Voltage3 (CIM_SINT32/sint32) = 5218 (0x1462)