Problem using TMS components with ThemeManager

2005-02-11 02:21:59 AM
cppbuilder29
I've recently installed ThemeManager into my BCB 6 and it's broken my build.
I get lots of compile errors due to duplicate consts and vars in
TMSSoftware's
code.
Does anyone have a workaround for this?
Thanks, Pete

Re:Problem using TMS components with ThemeManager

Pete Fraser wrote:
I've recently installed ThemeManager into my BCB 6 and it's broken my build.
I get lots of compile errors due to duplicate consts and vars in
TMSSoftware's
code.
Does anyone have a workaround for this?

Thanks, Pete
I have both ThemeManager and TMS Component Studio on my system without such problems.
Just be sure that the ThemeManager\BCB directory is listed before the ThemeManager directory.
--
-Michael Gillen

Re:Problem using TMS components with ThemeManager

I wish it were that easy.
I have that and I am still having the problem.
It seems to be certain include files that give the problem - removing them
on some forms works
but on others BCB puts them back and so I can't remove them.
#include "AdvCombo.hpp"
#include "Lucombo.hpp"
seem to cause the problem
To reproduce this problem:
Create a new APP
drop a ThemeManager component onto it.
drop a LUCombo component on to it.
Fix the paths as you suggest and try to compile.
Fails (drat)
Do you have any further ideas?
Here is my header file:
#ifndef Unit1H
#define Unit1H
#include <Classes.hpp>
#include <Controls.hpp>
#include <StdCtrls.hpp>
#include <Forms.hpp>
#include "ThemeMgr.hpp"
#include "AdvCombo.hpp"
#include "Lucombo.hpp"
class TForm1 : public TForm
{
__published: // IDE-managed Components
TThemeManager *ThemeManager1;
TLUCombo *LUCombo1;
private: // User declarations
public: // User declarations
__fastcall TForm1(TComponent* Owner);
};
extern PACKAGE TForm1 *Form1;
#endif
"Michael Gillen" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Pete Fraser wrote:

>I've recently installed ThemeManager into my BCB 6 and it's broken my
>build.
>I get lots of compile errors due to duplicate consts and vars in
>TMSSoftware's
>code.
>Does anyone have a workaround for this?
>
>Thanks, Pete

I have both ThemeManager and TMS Component Studio on my system without
such problems.
Just be sure that the ThemeManager\BCB directory is listed before the
ThemeManager directory.

--
-Michael Gillen

{smallsort}

Re:Problem using TMS components with ThemeManager

Why not pose the problem to Bruno at TMS Software, maybe he can help. I
normally get a response within a several hours.
TMS software < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
Tom Woodrow

news:420bb9e7$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>Pete Fraser wrote:
>

>>I've recently installed ThemeManager into my BCB 6 and it's broken my
>>build.
>>I get lots of compile errors due to duplicate consts and vars in
>>TMSSoftware's
>>code.
>>Does anyone have a workaround for this?
>>
>>Thanks, Pete
>
>I have both ThemeManager and TMS Component Studio on my system without
>such problems.
>Just be sure that the ThemeManager\BCB directory is listed before the
>ThemeManager directory.
>
>--
>-Michael Gillen

Re:Problem using TMS components with ThemeManager

I fixed this by defining ACXPVSHPP
in project option. It stopped the file being included and seems to work....
Rgds Pete

Pete Fraser wrote:
I fixed this by defining ACXPVSHPP
in project option. It stopped the file being included and seems to work....
Rgds Pete

"Tom Woodrow" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Thanks for updating us.
--