Re: Changelog for upcomming bcc32pch 2.6

2006-01-13 02:12:52 AM
cppbuilder28
Harald Plontke wrote:
2.55 runs fine, it just sometimes shows blank errormessages,
I found that bug. It's a status-protocol bug. I wanted to save some CPU
cycles and submitted the Int32 values in 4 Bytes. The protocol uses 0x0a
as terminator and now guess how often 0x0a appears in an Int32.
2.6 Dev does again do not load the project desktop on BCB-start
and when I try to compile, I get "Access violation in borlndmm.dll"
Hmm. Most testing and development of bcc32pch is in BCB 6 and I do not get
any exception. At least Delphi 6 doesn't tell me any.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:Re: Changelog for upcomming bcc32pch 2.6

Thanks. Just to confirm, I did have the 'First file precompiles headers...'
option checked (plus the other three compiler options) and I did create a
PCH file in the way you describe. A full build takes longer than BCB6 with
the IDECompilerFix, but, I find BCB2006 a lot quicker to compile and run if
I make simple source changes.
Regards Simon

Simon Hooper wrote:
Thanks. Just to confirm, I did have the 'First file precompiles
headers...' option checked (plus the other three compiler options) and I
did create a PCH file in the way you describe.
The AdvPCH ignores 'First file precompiles headers...' setting because it
uses an extra empty file for the precompilation. The precompilation only
happens once if you have not changed the _pch.h file and it's dependencies
and you have not changed the project options.
A full build takes longer than BCB6 with the IDECompilerFix
How often have you tried the full build? One time is too less to confirm
the compilation speed because it varies and you must use the average. I
have also some profiling code left in the development version that reduces
the compile speed.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen