QCard32.dll drawing problems in C++Builder 6.0

2006-07-27 04:07:33 PM
cppbuilder79
Hi,
I am developing a kind of solitaire game under C++ Builder 6.0 using
the freeware QCARD32.DLL library.
It works OK, but I have a problem with the drawing of the cards (more
like two problems with, I guess, the same origin): whenever the form
repaints (either on un-focus, or moving it out of the screen, or
minimizing it, ...) all the cards disappear from the screen and I have
to repaint them. And when I use RemoveCard to remove a card dealt with
DealCard from the screen, it usually leaves rubbish behind instead of
just disappearing and showing what's under it.
Right now I have "fixed" the problem via a call to the form Repaint
method and the redrawing of all the cards on the screen any time I do
anything with a card, but that produces a horrible flickering effect
which I would really, really, like to avoid.
So, the real questions are:
* Is there any way to do all that without calling Repaint?
* Is there any way to avoid "automatic repainting" of the form, thus
avoiding the disappearing cards problem?
* Is there a better cards library than QCARD32.DLL?
Many thanks,
LuTHieR

Re:QCard32.dll drawing problems in C++Builder 6.0

Don't post here. No one reads it.
Try using Refresh instead of Repaint.

poojo wrote:
Don't post here. No one reads it.

Try using Refresh instead of Repaint.
Thanks, I will try it.
Where do you think I should post, then?
Many thanks,
LuTHieR

{smallsort}

Re:QCard32.dll drawing problems in C++Builder 6.0

Try borland.public.cppbuilder.nativeapi - similar group, but more
users.