Re: Removed ServiceExecute - now user account issues?

2006-12-08 09:55:40 AM
cppbuilder75
Greetings again,
OK,
I removed the ServiceExecute()
made sure I had a startname/password for the service
and that the Socket Property Active was true, (I tried false as well.)
But now, I have a user account problem (you mentioned this yesterday :-)
So,
I tried two user names (i.e. for the ServiceStartName and Password property for the service).
1. Using a local (administrator) user gives error at servive INSTALL time and fails to install :
" System Error. Code 1057. The account name is invalid or does not exist or the password is invalid for the account name
specified "
2. Using my main user acount (domain based, my login for this work) installs the service OK, then fails to START with an
error:
" Error 1069. The service did not start due to Login failure".
So,
it is something to do with user accounts and/or permissions.
Do I have to enable some user privileges somewhere ?
Does a domain user work in this context?
Quentin

Re:Re: Removed ServiceExecute - now user account issues?

Aha,
Seems that I have to allow my domain account to Login as Service in the MMC.
Does that sound right?
Q.

Re:Re: Removed ServiceExecute - now user account issues?

"Quentin David Jones" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in
message news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
and that the Socket Property Active was true, (I tried false as well.)
Are you setting that at design-time? If so, then don't. Set it
programmably in the service's OnStart event instead.
1. Using a local (administrator) user gives error at servive INSTALL time
and fails to install : " System Error. Code 1057. The account name is
invalid
or does not exist or the password is invalid for the account name
specified "
How exactly did you specify it?
Do I have to enable some user privileges somewhere ?
No.
Gambit

{smallsort}