How to erase a value in a cell?

2004-10-08 11:32:55 PM
cppbuilder59
Hello,
I use a TDBGrid and a TTable and the user enters values
I would users can erase a value when they press the "erase" key (code 46)
but I don't understand how to do this.
I have tried with the Selected row example, but no, it is not.
How to know the col and row of the selected cell?
I thank you in advance for help
Patrick

Re:How to erase a value in a cell?

Hello Artaud,
What would you like to do ? Erase the value the cell is showing ? Or the
entire
record ?
If is just the cell value, why don't you leave this task to the user ? The
OS do it
when the user presses the <BkSP>button, positioning the mouse curso at the
cell begin press the <Del>button or select all the text and press <Del>.
The default value is the database value or null when inserting a new value.
HTH
Jayme.
"Artaud" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >escreveu na mensagem
Hello,
I use a TDBGrid and a TTable and the user enters values
I would users can erase a value when they press the "erase" key (code 46)
but I don't understand how to do this.
I have tried with the Selected row example, but no, it is not.
How to know the col and row of the selected cell?
I thank you in advance for help
Patrick

Re:How to erase a value in a cell?

I thank you, I have look again my TDBgrid and you re ok, I'm stupid to want
to do anything else!!!
I thank you again
Excuse my English
Patrick

news:4166b321$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Hello,
>I use a TDBGrid and a TTable and the user enters values
>I would users can erase a value when they press the "erase" key (code 46)
>but I don't understand how to do this.
>I have tried with the Selected row example, but no, it is not.
>How to know the col and row of the selected cell?
>I thank you in advance for help
>Patrick

{smallsort}