DirectShow video capture

2004-09-02 05:48:01 AM
cppbuilder58
Hello Everybody!
Does anybody know where to take (download) BCB code examples of DirectShow
video capture??
I downloaded the MS DirectX9c SDK but I really can't manage to port it to my
dear Borland IDE cause the compiler raises all sort of errors due to the
necessary headers ... I'd need some BCB working example code but all I
could find by googling was NOT Free components and OCX...
Please HELP ...I've been searching vainly for two weeks!!!
Thank You very much in advance!
Stefano B.

Re:DirectShow video capture

Hi Stefano,
Did you take a look at this site:
clootie.narod.ru/cbuilder/index.html
There is a lot there to get DirectX working with Borland C++ Builder. You
need the right lib files to get DirectX running.
Good luck,
Gert

Re:DirectShow video capture

Thank You but I've already been using those Libs...
I've no troubles with Direct3D, but now with DirectShow it seems a mess!!
I think the problem is with MS DirectShow BaseClasses that seems to be
included in all Capture examples ... BCB compiler always complains with
those headers!!
I tried to use the VC++ Project Conversion Utility with the DirectX8
Samples (how to convert DirectX9 whose projects are for VC.NET?? ), but the
results BCB projects raises the same compiler errors!!
I managed to get rid of most errors by commenting out some include files and
replacing other with the DVCap projetc but I got also a strange linker error
: "unresolved external _MEDIASUBTYPE_dvsd ..." ...well MEDIASUBTYPE_dvsd is
defined in uuids.h that is part of BCB include files, but where it's
defined?? What should I link?? With MEDIASUBTYPE_DVSD it does not complain,
but I need MEDIASUBTYPE_dvsd too!!
Any idea??
Thank You!
Stefano B.
"Gert Been" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >ha scritto nel messaggio
Hi Stefano,

Did you take a look at this site:
clootie.narod.ru/cbuilder/index.html

There is a lot there to get DirectX working with Borland C++ Builder. You
need the right lib files to get DirectX running.

Good luck,

Gert

{smallsort}

Re:DirectShow video capture

The problem is that you need to compile the BaseClasses from the SDK with
BCB.
All available BaseClasses ported to BCB don't work. Here are the urls where
you can
get these BaseClasses for BCB:
- www.geocities.com/foetsch/borlibs/ (DirectShow (DirectX8)) doesnt't
function
- slydiman.compass.com.ru/eng/mmedia/dxbcb.htm (DirectShow
(DirectX8)) seems to function but really a lot problems
- www.cppfans.com/d_sdk/victordx9sdk.asp (DirectShow (DirectX9c))
seems to function but really a lot problems
If you use these libs then it seems that all works great, but it doesn't.
I've found out
many problems. Write me to: XXXX@XXXXX.COM if you want to know more about
BCB and DirectShow.
I've written an Video/Audio Network Directshow Streaming Server and Client
Filter where you can use all available
Codecs to stream over network. I've made it with VS.Net and it works really
great. Then i've ported it
to BCB and there are alot of problems. I've found out that it doesn't
function with BCB.
For DirectShow you can only use VS.Net or VS6. With BCB there are too many
problems.