Catching Alt+L but it is beeping my machine

2004-08-11 12:07:52 PM
cppbuilder26
I'm processing OnKeyDown and looking for hits on the "L" or "l" key while Alt is
down. I do something when the user types that and that works. But the machine also
beeps. Any way to stop that beep?
The OnKeyDown has no argument for cancelling an event:
CallOnKeyDown(TObject *Sender, WORD &Key, TShiftState Shift)

Re:Catching Alt+L but it is beeping my machine

"Randall Parker" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in
message news:41199b72$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
The OnKeyDown has no argument for cancelling an event:
Set the Key parameter to 0
Gambit

Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:
"Randall Parker" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in
message news:41199b72$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>The OnKeyDown has no argument for cancelling an event:

Set the Key parameter to 0
Okay, I tried that and it does not prevent the beep from happening.
I can now say that the beep happens after the return from my OnKeyDown event and
after the program has stepped thru some other event handling code for another control
on the form. Can't figure out where the beep is happening though.
I've tried doing Step Into downstream to see where the beep is getting invoked. But
it must be happening somewhere in assembly. It happens after 6 executions of
BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP and END_MESSAGE_MAP(TWinControl); blocks and no more such blocks
execute after the beep.

{smallsort}