Hints using balloon windows?

2004-11-08 11:11:16 PM
cppbuilder29
Hi, is there somewhere where I can find info on getting those "really" nice
looking hints that hover right beside the control and look like balloons
with the balloon having the point of it pointing to the control?
Much like the ones I see in the system tray for programs letting you know of
updates etc...
I could make my own if I just knew how to make a window that looked like
those balloons...
Thanks in advance,
Lynn

Re:Hints using balloon windows?

There is a thread "Popup Bubble Messages" about
20 posts below.
Best regards,
Vladimir Stefanovic
Lynn Morrison < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Hi, is there somewhere where I can find info on getting those
"really" nice
looking hints that hover right beside the control and look like
balloons
with the balloon having the point of it pointing to the control?

Much like the ones I see in the system tray for programs letting you
know of
updates etc...

I could make my own if I just knew how to make a window that looked
like
those balloons...

Thanks in advance,

Lynn

Re:Hints using balloon windows?

Ok, will look at it, although I thought that was more for TrayIcons, but
perhaps I can adapt it for my own use...
Thanks,
Lynn
"Vladimir Stefanovic" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
There is a thread "Popup Bubble Messages" about
20 posts below.

Best regards,
Vladimir Stefanovic

{smallsort}

Re:Hints using balloon windows?

"Lynn Morrison" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Ok, will look at it, although I thought that was more
for TrayIcons, but perhaps I can adapt it for my own use...
If you read the first half of the discussion, it talks about free-floating
balloon windows.
Gambit