Delete an Index from a ClientDataSet

Hi all,
My app uses the AddIndex and IndexName methods to set an index for a
TClientDataSet obect. Later, the app must delete this (named) index. The
GetIndexNames method is used to check to see if the named index was added.
It does find this named index in the list. But when DeleteIndex is used to
delete this index (its single parameter is an AnsiString that contains the
index name) I get the following de{*word*81} exception notification: "Field
index out of range". What is the proper way to delete this index?
Thank you,
Chris