Re: How check if the object`s instance was created?

2006-06-08 04:37:10 AM
cppbuilder4
XXXX@XXXXX.COM (Wayne A. King) writes:
On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 13:19:52 -0400, Chris Uzdavinis (TeamB)
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

>The "throwing" version of new cannot return null, and so the new
>handler should either fail with an exception or succeed. A user can
>install his own new_handler and it will get called. That alone makes
>it meaningful, even if it cannot be used to cause new to return a null
>pointer.

You're taking my use of the term "meaningful" out of context and
beyond the scope of the original thread. I was specifically addressing
Ok. However, when I read your statement there were no qualifications
that you only meant it to apply in the context of this thread, and it
sounded (to me) like a general statement.
--
Chris (TeamB);