ClassExplorer: Excluding classes from external units

I've just removed a plugin called "ClassExplorer 4" from my computer since
it turned out that it was responsible for frequent Access Violations in BCB
(BCB5Pro). With this plugin it was possible to exclude units from parsing
and therefore from displaying in the ClassExplorer.
Now since I've removed this plugin I'm looking for an alternative since BCB
insists in displaying classes linked by pragma link in the ClassExplorer as
well. Which finally ends up in chaos.
Does anybody have an suggestion?
Thanks..
David

Re:ClassExplorer: Excluding classes from external units

You say that you have removed ClassExplorer but can still display in
ClassExplorer.
If you have removed it you can't see it so what do you mean by the 2nd
ClassExplorer?
Do you mean CodeInsight? or?
Pete
"David Scheffel" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

I've just removed a plugin called "ClassExplorer 4" from my computer since
it turned out that it was responsible for frequent Access Violations in
BCB
(BCB5Pro). With this plugin it was possible to exclude units from parsing
and therefore from displaying in the ClassExplorer.

Re:ClassExplorer: Excluding classes from external units

ClassExplorer 4.0 is a free plugin by www.toolsfactory.com. Now, I'm using
only the build-in ClassExplorer that ships with BCB5 which seems to have
some shortcommings.
"Pete Fraser" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Hi,
>
>I've just removed a plugin called "ClassExplorer 4" from my computer
since
>it turned out that it was responsible for frequent Access Violations in
BCB
>(BCB5Pro). With this plugin it was possible to exclude units from
parsing
>and therefore from displaying in the ClassExplorer.

{smallsort}

Re:ClassExplorer: Excluding classes from external units

The built in one has some serious bugs that cause AVs all over the place.
I removed mine a long time ago and don't have so many problems.
Most people here recommend removing it completely (and so probably can't
answer your problem- sorry)
Rgds Pete

David Scheffel wrote:
Now, I'm using
only the build-in ClassExplorer that ships with BCB5 which seems to
have some shortcommings.
Oops, looks like a communications breakdown. That was the one I
recommended removing.
--
Andrue Cope [TeamB]
[Bicester, Uk]

Re:ClassExplorer: Excluding classes from external units

But that one works for me. It has just some shortcomings regarding the
configuration - actually there is none! CE always adds all classes to the
list even if they're part of external 3rd party components.
"Andrue Cope [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schrieb im Newsbeitrag
David Scheffel wrote:

>Now, I'm using
>only the build-in ClassExplorer that ships with BCB5 which seems to
>have some shortcommings.

Oops, looks like a communications breakdown. That was the one I
recommended removing.

--
Andrue Cope [TeamB]
[Bicester, Uk]
info.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html

Re:ClassExplorer: Excluding classes from external units

Is the build in one also from toolsfactory???
"Pete Fraser" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:40e57994$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
The built in one has some serious bugs that cause AVs all over the place.
I removed mine a long time ago and don't have so many problems.
Most people here recommend removing it completely (and so probably can't
answer your problem- sorry)
Rgds Pete

"David Scheffel" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>ClassExplorer 4.0 is a free plugin by www.toolsfactory.com. Now, I'm
using
>only the build-in ClassExplorer that ships with BCB5 which seems to have
>some shortcommings.

Re:ClassExplorer: Excluding classes from external units

But that one works for me. It has just some shortcomings regarding the
configuration - actually there is none! CE always adds all classes to the
list even if they're part of external 3rd party components.
It goes by the style of the include statement you use,
i.e. double-quote includes ("") are parsed, angle brackets
(<>) are not. You can override it to do angle brackets as
well with the Environemt Options, "Parse System Include Files",
so you do not want that set ON in your case.
--Craig

Re:ClassExplorer: Excluding classes from external units

Borland licenced it from ToolsFactory
HTH Pete
"David Scheffel" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Is the build in one also from toolsfactory???

"Pete Fraser" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:40e57994$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>The built in one has some serious bugs that cause AVs all over the
place.
>I removed mine a long time ago and don't have so many problems.
>Most people here recommend removing it completely (and so probably can't
>answer your problem- sorry)
>Rgds Pete

Re:ClassExplorer: Excluding classes from external units

I see.
Thanks...
David
"Pete Fraser" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:40e91014$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Borland licenced it from ToolsFactory
HTH Pete

"David Scheffel" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Is the build in one also from toolsfactory???
>
>"Pete Fraser" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schrieb im
>Newsbeitrag news:40e57994$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>>The built in one has some serious bugs that cause AVs all over the
place.
>>I removed mine a long time ago and don't have so many problems.
>>Most people here recommend removing it completely (and so probably
can't
>>answer your problem- sorry)
>>Rgds Pete

Re:ClassExplorer: Excluding classes from external units

Thanks, that's the solution!
"Craig Farrell" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:40e5b5ef$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...