Double backslashes in paths in .bpr file

2004-07-09 06:21:36 AM
cppbuilder13
Looking in a .bpr file I see double backslashes in paths.
<OBJFILES value="F:\CBofiles\Tra\TravailTN5cg\\TravailTN5cg.obj
F:\CBofiles\Tra\TravailTN5cg\\Alerts.obj
Is this normal ?
If I replace them by one backslash and just open the .bpr in
the IDE and exit rigth away then the backsashes are back again.
Hans.

Re:Double backslashes in paths in .bpr file

Hans Galema wrote:
Is this normal ?
I wouldn't have thought so but as long as it's not a network path it
will work.
--
Andrue Cope [TeamB]
[Bicester, Uk]

Andrue Cope [TeamB] wrote:
>Is this normal ?

I wouldn't have thought so but as long as it's not a network path it
will work.
It seems that you are right. It was in my mind that
Memo1->Lines->LoadFromFile ( "Test\\Unit1.h" );
Memo2->Lines->LoadFromFile ( "Test\\\\Unit1.h" ) ;
would behave different. The latter one would take
longer or refuse. But it does not.
Hans.

{smallsort}

Hans Galema wrote:
would behave different. The latter one would take
longer or refuse. But it does not.
It can if the path is on a network. A colleague actually ran into this
a couple of weeks ago. We concluded that it relates to the way WinNT
parses paths. It's basic logic IIRC is to present the path to a root
object that parses it as far as it can then passes the path to a leaf
object. This continues until there is no further path to parse or a
leaf object can deal with what's left. We suspect that the '\\'
triggers the network stack to evaluate the path. Perhaps. :)