Don't debug trace into STL

How can I set up BCB6 (patch 4) to not trace into STL code when I'm
single-step trace debugging my console-mode application?
Here's a simple console-mode application:
#include <string>
void test(std::string s) {
}
int main(int , char** )
{
// "trace-into" here drops
// me into .../stl/_alloc.h
test("abc");
return 0;
}
When I trace into test(), I want to bypass all of the STL lines and go right
to "void test(std::string s) {" line.
What happens now is I land in .../stl/_alloc.h and then many other STL files
until I eventually get to the line I want.
FWIW, I've googled this to death and tried finding it in FAQs, but no luck
so far.
Thanks in advance.
Curtis
www.decompile.com/

Re:Don't debug trace into STL

Curtis Krauskopf wrote:
How can I set up BCB6 (patch 4) to not trace into STL code when I'm
single-step trace debugging my console-mode application?
You can't, sorry. Most of us feel your pain :)
--
Andrue Cope [TeamB]
[Bicester, Uk]

Re:Don't debug trace into STL

"Curtis Krauskopf" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
How can I set up BCB6 (patch 4) to not trace into STL code
when I'm single-step trace debugging my console-mode application?
You cannot. The only thing you can do is once you enter the STL code, use
the de{*word*81}'s "Run until return" and "Step Over" features to bypass the STL
source as much as possible and then you can continue debugging your code
afterwards.
Gambit

{smallsort}